Disaster Preparedness and Response Training
“Learn your strengths in disaster response”
NALC Disaster Response is providing disaster preparedness training at Level One, Basic, and Level Two, Specialized. These educational workshops will provide training to volunteers in each participating congregation, preparing each to form disaster volunteer teams. Each Mission District assists in the formation of teams and the preparedness training. Recognized credentials will be provided.
Disaster preparedness training includes components on:
- Active Shooter Training: Local law enforcement will discuss CRASE (Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event) training opportunities and other area needs specific to your community.
- Level One basic training: unskilled disaster response for debris removal and basic information on FEMA regulations.
- Level Two specialized training: choice of volunteer case management, donations management, volunteer team coordinator, spiritual and emotional care, or construction estimating.
In addition to becoming credentialed as a disaster response volunteer and receiving specialized training, learn more about:
- Family preparedness/survival kits.
- Congregational preparedness: Does your church have a disaster plan?
- How to form a volunteer team to respond when disasters strike.
- How to plan a mission trip for long term recovery/rebuilding.
- Active Shooter training — out newest offering — on Friday evening.
The Women of the NALC will be collecting Bibles, cleaning supplies/flood buckets for tornado victims, health kits, quilts, and gift cards to Lowe’s/Home Depot/Walmart.
Click here to download a registration form that contains more details about this exciting training opportunity!