Location: Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center
15500 East 40th Avenue
We are using a new online registration system this year. Please note the following guidelines:
- NALC seminarians should not register online. Instead, call 651-633-6004 to complete your registration.
- For all others registering for Lutheran Week events, click on either the “Register Online” button below or click an individual event link.
- You may register multiple people during the registration process.
- For events that have overlapping days/times (Youth Ministry Symposium/ Discipleship Coaching/ WNALC Annual Gathering or WNALC Annual Gathering/ Braaten-Benne Lectures), please register for only one event.
- To register for multiple events, complete registration for your first event and then choose “Register for Another Event” for each additional event you wish to attend.
- You will receive a separate confirmation email for each registered event.
- For any changes to existing registrations or cancellations, please call 651-633-6004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online registration with a credit card is preferred. If you must pay by check, please send your payment with this paper registration form.
Courtyard Denver Airport at Gateway Park
(Both hotels provide free shuttle service to/from the airport and between hotels.)
|Ventures in Youth Ministry Symposium
Building through Building
Speaker: Thomas O’Neill
|Aug. 13, 9:00am-5:00pm
Aug. 14, 9:00am-Noon
|$90.00 (Mon. lunch incl.)|
|Discipleship Coaching||Aug. 14, 9:00am-Noon||Free|
|Women of the NALC Annual Gathering
God is Our Refuge and Strength (Psalm 46)
Speaker: Pamela Thorson
|Aug. 14, 8:00am-5:00pm||$80.00 (Tues. lunch incl.)|
|Braaten-Benne Lectures in Theology
The Person of the Holy Spirit
Speakers: Matthew Burdette, Maurice Lee, Mark Mattes, Orrey McFarland, Kathryn Schifferdecker
|Aug. 14, 1:00pm-5:30pm
Aug. 15, 8:00am-11:30am
|$125.00 (Wed. lunch incl.)|
|NALC Mission Festival and Convocation
The Holy Spirit: Calling, Gathering, Enlightening, Sanctifying (Acts 1:8)
Speakers: Sherry Weddell and Katherine Coolidge
|Aug. 15, 1:30pm-9:00pm
Aug. 16, 8:00am-6:30pm
Aug. 17, 8:00am-5:30pm
|$200.00 (Wed. dinner; Thurs./ Fri. lunch incl.)|
2018 Convocation Business
Among the items of business before the Convocation are elections to positions on the Executive Council, Court of Adjudication and North American Lutheran Seminary (NALS) Board of Regents.
Under the NALC Constitution, congregations and individuals are empowered to submit names of potential candidates for all positions to be elected at Convocation to the 2018 Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will announce the opening date for submission of candidates in February 2018 and will announce the slate of nominees in May 2018.
Elections will be held for the following open positions: for two members to the Executive Council (1 clergy and 1 lay, each for a four-year term); two members to the Court of Adjudication (clergy or lay, each for a four-year term); and three members to the North American Lutheran Seminary (NALS) Board of Regents (clergy or lay, each for a six-year term). In addition, delegates to the Convocation will be asked to confirm elections of two persons (one clergy, one lay) to the Canada Section Board for four-year terms.
Candidate submission and biographical information forms are available for download in two formats (Word and PDF):
|2018 Candidate Submission Form||Word|
|2018 Candidate Biographical Form||Word|
Current List of Nominees:
The NALC Constitution states: A Convocation of the NALC shall be held annually.
Delegates with voting privileges at a Convocation shall be the ordained ministers of the NALC and at least an equal number of laypersons. Each congregation of the NALC shall elect one lay delegate to the Convocation for every 750 baptized members, or fraction thereof, of such congregation. In the event that the total number of lay delegates elected pursuant to the preceding sentence is less than the total number of ordained clergy, the Executive Council shall apportion additional lay delegates based on the relative size of the congregations of the NALC.
All members of the Convocation are delegates and as such represent their congregations.
The responsibilities of the annual Convocation shall include:
- election of the Bishop, the Executive Council and any other position requiring election;
- adoption of a budget for the subsequent calendar year;
- consideration of teaching statements;
- reception of reports;
and other items of business as may be determined by the Executive Council or by the Convocation.
Teaching statements must be endorsed by the Bishop prior to being submitted to the Convocation, and shall require for approval at least two-thirds of the votes cast. Teaching statements so approved shall not become effective until ratified by at least two-thirds of the congregations of the NALC pursuant to the ratification procedures in section 17.03 of the Constitution.
Special Convocations may be called for specified purposes by the Bishop or by the Executive Council.
Robert’s Rules of Order, latest edition, shall govern the business of a Convocation absent the approval by the Convocation of alternative rules of procedure by at least two-thirds of the votes cast.